FSHNWK


This past week was Toronto Fashion Week, where the cognoscenti of Canadian fashion flocked to David Pecaut Square to witness the runways and the style. Being a fashion student, I had the incredible privilege of being invited to several shows! It was an amazing opportunity that I've been dreaming of since I fell in love with fashion at the tender, awkward age of 12 when I would glue photos from Teen Vogue to my wall. And luckily enough, my apartment is two streets away from where it was being held.

School conflicted with shows several times (whoever decided to place midterms during fashion week is seriously misguided) so I wasn't able to go to as many as I hoped - but I did catch 4 altogether. On my first day I saw the Sid Neigum show, which was simplistic with intricate laser-cut details. I was wearing a beautiful vintage dress I picked up from my work at Mama Loves You Vintage. I love the super high slit (which made it difficult to sit down at the show without exposing a little too much). It has a built in corset that required me to tape down my chest, and intense boning that left some cuts on my back... but I was willing to suffer for that dress because it was so beautiful. I paired it with some lovely borrowed Zara heels.


On my second day, I caught 3 shows in succession. I was wearing my favourite Topshop bubblegum pink PVC skirt, an Asos snakeprint skirt as a top, Forever 21 leather jacket on top and Forever 21 platforms. I originally wanted to wear my favourite single sole black stilettos but they literally snapped when I tried them on an hour before the shows. I'm heartbroken! It shows how much I've been wearing them.


I brought my friend Erin whose use of neon is always perfectly on point.


On arrival, I was snapped by some street style photographers from Dose.ca (seen here) and Unlabelled.co! I was so excited.

The first was Thomas Balint, a menswear show with perfectly tailored layering. After Thomas Balint, I caught the Cara Cheung studio show, which was on a smaller runway and featured some seriously sexy dresses - sheer mesh cutouts in black and white that I would have loved to take home with me.

Finally, my last show of the week was Stephan Carras. Here's my Instagram video of the finale...

Now that the week is over, I'm nursing my poor tired feet who've been exposed to all kinds of torture and healing my under eye circles that are dark enough to pass as bruises. But I'm still revelling in my elation over the fact that I actually made it to Toronto Fashion Week. 

4 comments:

  1. Love your nails and the pink of that skirt xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress really is beautiful! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth,

    I'm Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd like to invite you to WhaIWear.com. With 1,5 million page views a month, WhatIWear.com is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE at the spotlight.

    Maybe you can post these pics as your first looks on WhatIWear? I bet our members will be rooting for you as well!

    We cannot wait to see your awesome style.
    Click www.whatiwear.com to get started.


    See you soon,
    Valencia
    Community manager

    ReplyDelete

 

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Follow on Bloglovin

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM